Monday, June 2, 2014

A Very Special Pod

Dual Sweet Pea Pod
I just had to share with you one of my most favorite designs that I have ever made. Ever.

What makes it so special to me is what it represents and the extraordinary mother who wears it.

This is worn by a mother who is parenting four children. She was pregnant against her choice with twin boys, and chose to carry them to term and make an adoption plan for them.

Birth mothers are silent heroes.

My prayer is that more and more they will be given a voice because they have demonstrated such magnificent love for the children they have borne. Their stories are so important to be told, and it's vital to helping the cause of adoption and for the unborn.

This birth mother chose life. She chose it even though it cost her great pain, and in the midst of her grief and hurt, she didn't think of the lives of her unborn children as less because of the circumstances of their conception.

So it was a supreme pleasure to figure out how to celebrate the lives of all her children. They are all precious sweet peas! Four are being raised by this mother, and two are in the loving arms of another. Each one is precious. Each one has value.

As you can see, I was able to make two pods attached together. And it turned out better than I could have hoped!

Each piece I make has someones story. What an honor to be able to share this story! I have been so blessed to be allowed to make jewelry as unique as your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment